Tuesday, April 12, 2011

*sigh*

I'll be in South Carolina this weekend. Yay?
My husband doesn't believe me, but that place smells like ham. I think there's a Smithfield Ham processing plant near the base or something.
Hopefully we'll figure out when Jex can finish his training. Maybe I can finish my schooling(finally!) at the same time. If everything goes well I'll be able to get a good job while Jex goes to college while working his Reserve thing. (I'm still poking at him to go back active duty, civilian life doesn't make sense to me.)

Recently I've been chilling out, knee deep, in the Nerd Kingdom. Wizards of the Coast literally rules all conversation between my brother-in-law and Jex. More than half of Jex-Rem conversations are about Magic the Gathering and picking out feats for our D&D characters the next time we level up. It's not a bad thing, really, I have a few ideas from our last game session that'll be really fun to draw.
But I miss intelligent conversations about language structure and evolution that I used to have with my college mates. I miss the exchange students and the flavor they added to life. If I could have a day of conversation that didn't start with a D&D class, a video game title, or a particular Magic card I will be happy. Really, really, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment