Monday, July 9, 2012

Hooka

I've always wanted to try Hookah. Ever since my German 3 teacher Frau Nicholson forgot that American 17 year olds weren't legal smokers and told us all about the great Hookah bar in downtown Bitburg. Smoking in Japan was nice because I could buy vanilla cigarettes and other tasty options. If it doesn't taste good I don't want it. This goes for food, liqueur, and everything else. Frau Nicholson described Hooka as: "breathing a strawberry cloud." Now THAT sounds pretty flipping awesome.



Lucky for me my little brother has a Hookah and some mint tobacco. Rocker set up his Hookah for us last night in the garage. It was awesome! He and his friend Jake had smoked all the "good" flavors the few days before I got here and all he had left was Mint. I like mint.
You know what? Frau Nicholson was right. I got to breathe a delicious mint cloud.
Rocker showed me some tricks with the smoke. I can't get a grasp of the smoke ring but I can do the waterfall now. He says it makes me look like a pro. I think he's just getting a giggle out of his big sister who doesn't know what the heck she's doing.
Oh and you know how Helium makes you're voice super high pitched and silly? Well, Hooka smoke makes you're voice all low pitched and strange. It weirded me out at first, but then I was goofing off and talking like some one had hit the 'slow mo' button. It was so much fun!

Now he has me seriously thinking about getting a little water pipe, or maybe just a regular pipe. I don't know if one gets the same smooth, nonsmokey, smoke from a traditional pipe or if one can even smoke the same tar and nicotine free tobacco. Hmmmmm.

Well, time to go stretch, working out with my mom the past three mornings has awakened some very angry muscles.

Till tomorrow,
The light heart lives long. <3

1 comment: