Monday, July 16, 2012

A few small differences

Being in the U.K. is fun!
However sometimes it can be a little hard on the brain. Truly the U.S. and the U.K. are separated by a common language. I'd like to share some of the silly small differences that make the world so confusing sometimes.

Petrol = Gasoline
Boot = Trunk
They pronounce 'Garage' weird.
There is no such word as 'Thrift' in the Queen's English, it simply doesn't exist. You should've seen the look on my sister's fiance's face when I told him we had been out 'Thrifting'.
As you can imagine from the above statement Thrift Stores are called Charity Shops.

And I took a few pictures... and a dorky video...



Celery Root


Turnips (though my mom says that they taste different and BigBen said he thought the American word for these was Rutabaga)

And of course Eggplant

No comments:

Post a Comment