Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ronery, I am so ronery...*sings in a terrible asian accent*

Hi.
Those of you who are married, do you remember what is was like when you'd been married for a little over a year? Was it a freaking roller coaster ride for you too?

I lived in 3 different states last year, this year has been 2 and it's still only February. Through all of it one of two things has happened: 1) I see my husband for 2 hours a day... if I'm lucky... and IF we see each other we'll say a word to each other before he asks for a back rub and passes out. 2) My husband has nothing to do while he waits for the military to get their ducks in a row last second and we have a week solid to enjoy each others company till we can no longer stand the other person.

Right now I'm back in the 1st phase of the lifestyle cycle that has claimed my entire married life (all 1 year and 4 months of it); and today I'm just plain lonely. Sure I have a stack of Final Fantasy games that are begging to be played and a few books I started reading could stand to be finished. Right now tho' I just want some good old fashioned human interaction.

Maybe I should go to Best Buy next to our hotel and find a random nerd/geek in the video game aisle and chat him up for about an our on the new game Bulletstorm or the path into oblivion the Legend of Zelda series has taken as of late. We might even get into a heated debate over the virtues and vices of the different gaming consoles.

I wish there was a Barnes & Noble close by. Then I could get into an intellectual conversation of the same kind. Mark Twain or Micheal Chriton? What?! Of course they have similarities! At least they're more inventive than R.A. Salvator. Don't bring Robert Jordan into this. Gah! I'm not going to start with Lord of the Rings or how the Chronicles of Narnia has been slaughtered on the silver screen... no. Iambic Pentameter. Ha! I win!

Most likely, though, I'll probably end up getting on FaceBook and pretending to interact with people for an hour or 6.
Perhaps this is why Role Playing Games on the playstation and gameboy were so popular before the spread of the internet. You got to "interact" with the characters in the game and pretend for just a little bit that you were in a social situation.
Oh, human interaction... I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I definately understand the need for human interaction. if ya need someone to talk to, you know I'm here.

    ReplyDelete