Friday, January 14, 2011

Zodiac, it's a killer

So I'm not really one to be all into the Zodiac sign thing. If anything I know a little about it just in case I'm ever asked. Now and again, when I'm bored or feeling goofy, I'd look up my horoscope or see a little book thing written about my start sign.
A part of me liked the idea of the planets alignment being a sign from a higher power as to what I should turn out like later in life. Or maybe a map of my Epic Destiny (pfft, if only). Nice thoughts that make for interesting story plots and fun day dreams.

Well today I just found out that all that Star Sign stuff got changed. Everything is now helter skelter to add a 13th sign. I wonder how many superstitious people are going to have a conniption fit over the 13th sign. Anyway good ol' lucky 13 a creepy old guy straddling a snake with a name that no one can pronounce: Ophiuchus.

First they take away Pluto's Planethood, NOW their messing with our Star Signs. I mean come on! There are cures that are needed for diseases and green energy alternatives and, I don't know hows about cleaning up our DNA because survival of the fittest doesn't apply in our society any more?! Leave the universe alone and deal with what's right in front of your noses you bored sciency people!!!!

Just in case you're curious here's the new list for Zodiac signs. It's pretty ridiculous in my opinion, not balanced at all.

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20
(HERE's the link if you want to check it out yourself)

So I looked up my new Star Sign (although I was plenty content with the scorpion, thank you very little). Libra, so I go from a scorpion to a pair of scales... and turn into a self centered sissy in place of a manipulative nympho. Huh.
*shrugs* I didn't really buy into it to begin with. But it was one of the things I didn't think would ever change and it did. So tell me what you guys think of this 21st century progress and what your Star Sign was and what it 'changed' to.

No comments:

Post a Comment