Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wedding Bells and River Tales

My friends just got married! Yaaaay!
I just got back for the festivities, sort of. We ended up staying the night with my brother in law because we decided not to drive an hour home after 10 pm. It's nice being able to make that decision, and just sleep. We don't get a lot of that in our lives.

Upcoming attractions in the life of Ashes and Jex include a trip to our first Con ever! Storm Con!
We figured if our first Con was also a First Year Con then it'd be doubly special. Right? Haha, no not really. It just turned out that way.
I'm thinking about going to Anime Weekend Atlanta at some point. But I really want to make a ridiculously awesome/silly costume and soak up the entire experience. Haven't had time for the costume thing this year.

Kinda convinced that my baby quilt will never be done. I keep seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and then having to go back and do a bazillion more stitches.

Oh and my pumpkin plants have EXPLODED! Really, they're taking up almost the entire garden now. I had to redirect them away from my herbs and lettuce. I'm so excited for Fall. I'm going to have a dozen pumpkins easily this year. YAAAAY!!!

Also I have pictures from the Kayaking trip a really cool elder couple took us on not too long ago.
Enjoy.

Jex in all his muscled glory

Row, row, row your boat

Gently down the stream

Merrily

Merrily

Merrily

not so merrily

Life is but a dream.

Then Jex decided to play with the filters on the camera, they're pretty awesome.

The Swinging Bridge


A tree root thing

The river just beyond the Swinging Bridge where everyone got tipped over

River!

Ashes on the Bridge with Kim and Mike

Jex deigning to let me take a picture with him

Mike on the Bridge

Oh hey... there are people...

The tree root thing again, this time with us

And this is us bailing out or kayaks so we can keep going

And me in a borrowed red hat

No comments:

Post a Comment