Thursday, October 11, 2012

Zombeeez and Gearing Up for NaNoWriMo

My friend Doorf just told me yesterday about the Zombie walk in SandLand! And as luck would have it we'll be around there at the same time!!!!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!!
I've already figured out what I'm going to do this year. Year before last... was it? Oooh it was... I went as an attacked-while-fleeing-in-the-middle-of-the-night zombie. I wore a white dress that looked a lot like a night gown, some easy to throw on leggings and unlaced boots that one would likely find by the front door. I wasn't as bloody as a lot of other zombies but I felt the more subtle look is way more fun because some people don't realize you're a zombie till they get too close. *evil laugh*

This year I think I'm going to be a little more overt, aaaaand I'm going to use liquid latex. Not for anything super rad, I'm nowhere near that high leveled in the makeup arts (hell I can barely put on mascara without loosing half my vision) but I'm damned good at painting and that's basically what I'm going to do. On top of all the excitement for myself is that JEX SAID HE'D DO IT WITH ME!!!! He's going to be at my mercy! I'm going to make him the most awesome zombie EVAR!

Except for one thing.....
We have a NerdKingdom appointment that night. I'm totally fine with showing up late, and zombified, to the shindig. Count Beowulf of the Sands might not be so ok with us being late. However, I'm not giving up! I'm going to cling to and ride this excitement into the ground. Dammit.

The Cherry on the Sundae of Reckless Joy is that National Novel Writing Month (aka: NaNoWriMo) is coming up and THIS TIME I've got a handle on it.
You see, up till now I've spent the first 3 days or so running around like a dying chipmunk trying to get an idea and simple plot thrown together. Supposedly you're supposed to be thinking of all that stuff through October, getting characters polished, smoothing out idea wrinkles, and the like. No one tells you this. Hell the first time I heard about it (three years ago) it was the middle of the month already and I just jumped in head first with some craziness about zombie dragons and atlantis. Last year I was a little more on my game. This year, not only will I make the 60k or whatever word count, I'll actually finish a story. I know, I know, it's a sign of the apocalypse, but it's going to happen! It might not, but I'll try my hardest to make it so!

I've already pared down my ideas to one light and fluffy story about princesses saving themselves, a fully narrated mythos type back story to an island I created in the NerdKingdom, and a rewrite of a dark kinda spiritual story idea I kicked around in my only year of college.

I like having things to look forward to. It makes me feel like I can fly.

The light heart lives long~

No comments:

Post a Comment