Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Of Aligators and Blue Days

Of Aligators...

I don't know if it's because I grew up in mountainous regions of the world, maybe because I never visited a swamp or wetland, or maybe it's because I'm not a water person, whatever it may be when I saw an Aligator on the bank of the pond that is, litterally, a stones throw from my apartment I froze. I stared. I contemplated throwing something at it to make it move. Then I had thoughts of it running across the grass and gobbling up Kaba and promply picked up said puppy and retreated.
Later, with camera in hand, I came back out to make sure it wasn't a hallucination induced by the massive ammount of reading I've been doing in lieu of having a job. Nope, it was still there, with one of the gracefull white birds standing in lunch range of the toothy monster. I'm usually not this cowardly, but I have a little more than the usual healthy respect for things that can swim faster than I can run. And don't forget the teeth. TEETH!
I now have a few pictures, they're not very good because got forbid I get closer than 12 meters to the Aligator. Maybe I'll get a better camera, with a better zoom, because otherwise the five crappy shots I took are going to be the best ones I get.

And Blue Days...

Ever just had a blue day? You know, that day you wake up and nothing is out of the ordinary, but a cloud just kinda tints everything in a slightly less than happy light? Yeah.
I've been reading a book series called "Dragon Lance" yes... it is a Dungeons and Dragons type nerd book... no... I'm still sane, I think. I finished the core trilogy today and instead of being all happy and stuff I was just sad. Sad that the books were finished, sad that there's no place for me to learn swordsmanship and not be deemed a raving nerd, sad that there's no adventure in this day and age. Everything costs money, lots of it, oh well.
At least blue is my favorite color! (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment