Tuesday, February 10, 2015

ReAdjusted

We're back from Thailand!
I would've updated more often but our laptop got dropkicked by one of the students of the school we were RA-ing for. But we saved the pictures! Yay!

Readjusting to the U.S. is probably my least favorite of things. In countries where I can't understand a lot of the underlying meanings of certain phrases, or even the language itself, there's a certain sense of freedom. I'm happy to understand what I can, and hey that phrase is one a know! I'm so glad all the articles about popculture here have that phrase in the title! (think: "what happened next will shock you")
Here though I get a lot of the rhetoric, the use of party names to polarize thought, the sensationalist phrases meant to garner attention but actually breed something like animosity. Then there's all the stuff that happens in the government that I want to do something about but can do about as little as signing a petition and trying to vote with my money when I'm in the grocery store. I understand enough to get frustrated, but not enough to actually understand. It's frustrating.

Then there's the food. It doesn't matter what I eat, I feel awful afterward. It's kind of disconcerting that I can eat ethnic food like fried tarantula and water snake that's been sitting in a vendor's basket for only God knows how long in the hot balmy air and be absolutely fine but I can't eat sautéd veggies in my own kitchen without feeling like I ate a live porcupine half an hour later. *cries* Food is my favorite thing!

I gained 10 pounds while in Thailand, weird. So I've started this thing called PiYo that my friend shared with me. It's some crazy mash up of Pilates and Yoga. Jex calls it my yogalatte; makes me wonder if I could make a drink and name it yogalatte, some crazy spiced healthy latte. Hmmmm.
It kicks my butt.
But it's one thing in a series of things that is leading me to have a fitness blog/ facebook group thing. I don't think I'll be very good at it. Look at this post. It's been like, what, 6 months since my last update and I've been in the U.S. for nearly 2 months now.
Who knows, maybe with that, and finding a gig at a gym as a Zumba instructor I might be able to pull it off? maybe?

Anywho, Happy 2015. May you savor every blessing and be strengthened by every hardship in this year to come.

~The Light Heart Lives Long

No comments:

Post a Comment